Glazed Chocolate Chip Scones Serves 8
1.5 C all purpose flour
1/4 C sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C butter
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C powdered sugar
2-3 T orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, 1/4 C sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is moist.
- On a floured board, knead gently a few times, but not too much.
- Form into a 8″ round patty on an ungreased cookie sheet, cut into 8 wedges with a knife.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over warm scones.
- Separate scones and serve warm.